1. Drive Down Greenhouse Gas Emissions
Cut GHG emissions from global operations 25 percent by 2025, compared with 2015.
HP’s global operations produced 35 percent less CO2e emissions in 2017 than in 2015 — reaching our 2025 goal eight years early.
DRIVING SUSTAINABLE IMPACT
- The World Wildlife Fund helped us develop science-based targets not only for HP’s direct and indirect emissions, but for our suppliers’ emissions as well.
- In HP offices and labs, we’re switching to renewable energy and incorporating energy audits and energy-efficient design in new construction.
- We’re cutting the GHG emissions intensity of our product portfolio — the use of which makes up nearly half of HP’s carbon footprint — by making our offerings energy-smart, using more recycled material and using less paper and ink in printing.
- To attack the other half of HP’s carbon footprint — our supply chain — we’re helping tier-one suppliers become more energy-efficient and shift to using renewable energy.
- We’re consolidating shipments, identifying new routes and shipping directly to customers. Example: By switching from air to ocean freight between Asia and most global destinations, we cut 30,000 tonnes of CO2e emissions.
*Due to the acquisition of Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd.'s printer business, which closed on November 1, 2017, we are assessing the manner and timing of resetting our 2015 Scope 1 and Scope 2 GHG emissions and water consumption baseline.